google-site-verification: google5d7ef0e699931b66.html justfishing http://fishinginus.blogspot.com/: Texas "Floyd Mabry" Fishing Legend google-site-verification: google5d7ef0e699931b66.html

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Texas "Floyd Mabry" Fishing Legend

Texas "Floyd Mabry" Fishing Legend

It has been said "do something you love, and you will never work a day in your life". This fishing legend did just that.

As I am retired now and have the time to reflect on my life and since today is Fathers Day I can think of my dad and my Father in law, we all toiled many years, in Retail, and Construction. We didn't hate our jobs but oh my, imagine having to go fishing all the time?



 “One of the things that makes what I do so wonderful is that age doesn’t become a factor in fishing,” he said. “You never are too old or too young to go fishing.”
loyd Mabry passed away on Sept. 24, 1991, and is buried near Edmond, OK, alongside his wife, Irene.


His words ring true! The truth is I love it when I find stories like this one. Thank you Bass Fishing Archives for a nice article and hope my readers enjoy!


Texas Fishing Legend Floyd Mabry | Bass Fishing Archives
http://bassfishingarchives.comThu, 13 Jun 2013 04:41:15 GMT
If you search for any length of time through many of the old magazines from 30 or so years ago, one set of ads will look very familiar, the old Bomber ads featuring Floyd Mabry.

Unbelievable Topwater Bass Fishing
WATCH IN HD. The day started off slow, then towards the end of the day bass stated schooling on shad. This does not happen very often, luckily we were fortun...


Watch the nonstop action as they just keep pulling them in!


No comments:

Post a Comment